Apples seem to be a plenty around this time of year and I find myself wanting to eat them more as a dessert than as a raw snack. Cooked or baked just right and you have yourself a delicious feast of goodness. Yes, I just said that.
So, I thought eh, why not share a scrumptious little dessert post. By the way, the topping is so yummy! I like more topping with my apple crisp, so that is what my recipe yields. I could eat it right out of the mixing bowl and well, I've snuck a few spoonfuls now and again and it's delicious really. But alas, I will refrain and put it over top the apples.
So...here she is.
Apple Crisp A'La Mode
{yes, that is my fingerprint in the ice cream.
I had to get it off of the spoon somehow...}
Filling
(recipe courtesy of me)
5-6 large crisp apples, peeled and sliced.
{I like to use honey crisp}
3 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon of lemon juice or fresh orange juice
Crumb Topping
(courtesy of Ina Garten)
1 1/2 cups flour
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1 cup oatmeal
1/2 pound (2 sticks) cold unsalted butter, diced
3/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1 cup oatmeal
1/2 pound (2 sticks) cold unsalted butter, diced
Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes, or until the topping is golden brown and the filling is bubbling. Top with your favorite vanilla ice cream and you have yourself a sit on the couch with a good book or whatever suits your fancy.
Have a fabulous day friends!
Tell me, do you enjoy baking? What is your favorite dish to bake? I love reading your comments. Let me know!
No comments:
Post a Comment